I got a copy of this magazine in the mail today. I swore I would NOT subscribe to any parenting magazines but I think someone signed me up for it, and I actually did sit down and read a few articles. One was about toddlers and their obsessions (little girls who refuse to take off a princess tiara, kids who wear capes everywhere, etc.)....I read that one because I get crazy-obsessed with random things (right now I'm obsessed with getting nursery furniture ASAP) and I thought it might be interesting...I remember one of my little brothers being so obsessed with He-Man that he wore no shirt, red swim trunks, and brown winter boots when playing outside all summer. I don't remember what I was obsessed with as a little kid.
I also marked an article about cutting costs at the grocery store so I can read it later because I'm really trying to keep our grocery bill down, if there's one place I overshop it's the grocery store (but I do use coupons now! I'm such an adult!). Plus, I'm about to start stockpiling meals that we can freeze so we don't have to do much cooking those first couple of weeks. (One of my favorites is making a huge pot of chili and freezing it in individual containers...I'm also going to make a trip back to The Mixing Bowl in the upcoming month.)
Then, I read an article about the first week you bring home your new baby. Okay, that one scared me because I have been having lately what I consider a lack of sleep, which means 4-5 hours a night...it sounds like we'll be lucky if we get 4-5 hours that entire first week! At least I'm not worried about things like bathing and diapers. And thank goodness I have Craig, because I have a feeling he's going to be way more calm and rational than I am. No, not a feeling--that's just the way it's going to be. I know us too well.
Other than that, I have just a few more odds and ends:
**I don't want any more breastfeeding lectures from people I don't know well. Please people...boundaries. I'm probably a total prude for not wanting to discuss breasts with random people, but I'm really okay with that.
**I keep thinking (hoping? praying?) that all of these people who tell childbirth horror stories are just doing it for the drama, and it's not actually as horrific as they say (with drugs, of course). Please, do not tamper with my delusion, it's keeping me sane!
**We have our ultrasound and monthly doctor appointment in two days. I'm only slightly anxious, since they're going to be checking out the brain cysts again. Please pray for good news! We also came across a formula in Craig's math book (yes, he's taking a math class, guess who's tutoring him ;o) that supposedly uses certain factors to predict birth weight. I think we'll ask the doctor about it and see what he says! That might be kind of cool.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment