
All right, I'll try to throw some family related stuff in this post...let's see...oh yes, next weekend (Friday) I fly back up to IL for the Chicago baby shower. Should be fun but I am absolutely dreading the flight...I hate flying so much...I can't even tell you how much it scares me. We're going to load the iPhone up with movies today so that at least I'll have a distraction on the plane. After this, I am going to avoid flying at all costs and stick to road trips.
Called the doctor on Friday because for about two day or so I'd felt significantly less kicking than normal and it really freaked me out...of course the nurse asked me questions ("Are you in pain? Are you bleeding?") and of course it was fine. In fact, she started picking up the pace and kicking the heck out of me (the baby, not the nurse) not long after I got off the phone. I think she staged the whole thing just to scare me.
Oh yeah, on Friday night we went to dinner at a fairly new restaurant: Mimi's Cafe. I kind of expected it to be kind of like a glorified Denny's (we were just desperate for food) but it turned out to be good. Like, REALLY good. With a very interesting menu, which is great, because do you know how sick and tired I am of going to the same three places all the time and getting the same three things to eat? (It's pulling teeth to get Craig to go out to a "real" place for dinner....in a way it's smart because he's careful with money, but good food is my weakness; and the deli, the cheap Mexican restaurant, and Panera don't really count as fine dining) ANYHOW, for an appetizer we had fried zucchini, and for my entree I had asiago macaroni and cheese with lobster and asparagus on it. All of it was AWESOME. (Even though the hostess seated us at a table that ended up being two feet from one of my students and his family....AHHH! There's no escape! But they're nice, we all said hello and then went back to our food. Not like earlier in the year when I was at lunch with a friend and saw a student and her mother and the mother insisted on standing next to my table and talking about school stuff for ten minutes. GO AWAY!) Anyhow, I'm thoroughly enjoying going out while I can, because in the not too distant future we'll either being sharing our dinner dates with a kid, or paying a fortune for someone to watch that kid. Ah well.




2 comments:
There is a Mimi's near us here in Austin and we've been avoiding it because we also thought it was like a glorified Denny's. After your review, I think I'll check it out!
Mimi's.....in the New Orleans tradition....I loved it.
You MUST try their fried pickles...they are the best that my wife has ever had (and the only ones that I've ever had). Give them a try.
Post a Comment