Thursday, October 4, 2007

Double digits!

I say that because if you look at the ticker at the top of the page, we are down to the double digits of days left until the kid arrives. Yeah...that's kind of scary. I'm ready to not have a baby kicking at my guts anymore but not quite ready for having to do more for her well-being besides try to eat right and avoid alcohol so I guess the timing is actually fine. I really just want to be able to sleep comfortably again....

Anyhow I went to the dentist on Tuesday (first time in years, I'm so bad) and other than a couple of cavities that I expected all was well! Oh, and I totally passed out in the chair. Not because of any fear of the dentist, apparently that can happen when you are pregnant, laying on your back, and then they tilt you way back in the chair. Another woman did it recently so they weren't surprised but I felt like an idiot. They just had to sit me up for the remainder of the cleaning and everything was fine. Yesterday was the glucose test at the OB-GYN office and I've not heard anything so I guess that went well...unlike at the dentist's office, I did NOT pass out, even though they had to take blood. Woohoo! Baby's heart sounds great, they measured the lump and it was apparently the right size, I've gained 7 more pounds, and we've scheduled one more ultrasound for November 1st to check on her brain.

Last...the nursery has been painted! Woohoo! I want to get some furniture in there as soon as possible, but we'll see.

That's all. Back to work tomorrow for teacher inservice and then the kids come back on Monday. I'm so not ready. Ugh.

1 comment: