The cysts are gone!!!!! Yay! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, our baby is looking beautiful and healthy. :o) They want to do just one more follow-up ultrasound in four weeks to look at her kidneys...the doctor said something around them looks dilated, which is probably just because her bladder was full when the ultrasound was done, but they want to check it out anyhow. No biggie. (Yes, full bladder, babies pee in utero....adorable, huh? :-P)
We also had the ultrasound tech check and make sure she's still a girl--or rather, make sure they were right about her being a girl in the first place since it's not like she suddenly switched genders--and she is, so that's good. The only bad thing--and it's not actually a bad thing--is that she's measuring 31 weeks and I'm only 30 weeks pregnant, so that means she's not going to be a tiny baby. I'm hoping she'll let up on the growing a bit in the next ten weeks, because I am NOT cut out for an 8-9 lb. baby! I'm thinking more along the lines of 6-7 lbs! I was hoping that being a week ahead meant she'd come out a week early, but apparently it doesn't work that way. The due date doesn't change and I can't even try to trick myself and pretend she was conceived earlier than I thought, because I used an ovulation predictor so I know almost down to the hour. Sorry if that's too much information, but it's true!
Anyways, so now we're supposed to go to the doctor every two weeks, and my anxiety about her brain is gone, and we're ordering her furniture in the next couple of days, so things are looking good! I'll post the ultrasound pictures as soon as Craig scans them for me. She covered her face with a hand again (appears to be sucking her thumb) but you can see her nose and part of her lips and her closed eyes...I think she looks adorable but of course, I could be a little biased. I also think she's going to look more like Craig, but we'll see! Maybe she'll allow us to see her face in the next ultrasound.... :o)
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment