I'm getting a little weary of the expression. I can't so much as straighten a pillow without people giving me a knowing look and saying, "Ohhh you're nesting!" Yep....been doing it for about ten years now. Ever since I went to college and had my own living space, I've been cleaning, sorting, stocking up on supplies (see previous post) and rearranging things. Every few months I go on insane cleaning sprees...in fact I'm itching to go on one right now, but it's a little difficult to maneuver when you look and feel as though you've got a basketball duct-taped to your abdomen. I'm either going to have to let Craig help me out or hire a maid to come in sometime in December...jury's still out on that one. But that's another topic.
So anyhow, our furniture arrived yesterday and so far we have the crib up...we can't finish until we can get someone to help Craig drag the dresser and changing table upstairs to the nursery. (I hate the fact that I'm basically helpless right now...HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!) I got a little antsy last night since we couldn't do anything else, and I spent a few hours in the baby's room trying to do little things, most of which were entirely useless. Here's the breakdown:
1.) Helped Craig set up the crib.
2.) Took all of the baby blankets out of the closet, re-folded them, and put them in a stack on the floor.
3.) Put baby lotion, baby powder, diaper ointment, and wipes in a basket. Put the basket inside another basket which was empty, stacked them against the wall.
4.) Took all of the baby's hats, socks, shoes, burp cloths, and bibs out of baskets and put them back in again. Lined baskets up against the wall.
5.) Stacked all of the books together and put them in a basket with a few toys. Basket is against the wall with the others.
6.) Unstacked and re-stacked packages of onesies. Debated whether or not to exchange the two packages I have that are 5-8 lb. size, since the baby will probably be pretty big. Decided to keep them until she's born (still in the packaging) and then return them later if necessary.
7.) Moved the bouncy chair to the bonus room, since that's what we'll use when we're upstairs with her. I'm not big on having baby junk scattered all over the house, the exception will be the bouncy chair in the bonus room, the cradle in our room, and a baby swing downstairs.
8.) Had Craig put the baby swing (still in the box) in the garage, since we'll be using it downstairs.
9.) Moved the Baby Einstein play mat out of the closet and into the downstairs closet, since that's another item that will be used downstairs (I'll keep it down there but it will always be put away when not in use....again, not big on having baby junk taking over the house).
10.) Took out the Boppy and put it away again.
11.) Put all of the cards I've received at the baby showers in a photo album...cut the cards apart so that the front and inside are both displayed.
12.) Layed down on the floor when my back started hurting and dozed off for about an hour or so....opened my eyes and saw that both cats had finished their inspection of the room and passed out under the crib.
As soon as the furniture is up, I'm going to start putting things away and getting the room as set up as I can before everyone arrives for Thanksgiving...when my parents get here, they'll have a bunch of other things with them so I'll really be able to set up, except for a few finishing touches. Excellent!
*Still need to buy the breast pump. Oddly enough, the pump and the accompanying supplies were not popular shower items. ;o) Thanks to Mom buying us the mattress to go along with the furniture, it's really our last big expense.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I must be doing that too. I've been cooking more and more expansive meals (no, not to eat all by myself at once) but making my home more clean and comfy. Geez. I must really be ready to get married and settle down and pop out a few kids.;;;
No, see, that's the thing...I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with pregnancy for some people...some of us are just like that in the first place. ;o) Come to think of it, I used to spend more time arranging Barbie's living quarters than I ever did actually playing with the dolls...so I've been doing it in one form or another for years.
It's entirely possible that I'm just a weirdo... ;o)
I'm just going to call you the basket lady....(up against the wall).....
Post a Comment