Saturday, September 1, 2007

21 down, 19 to go!

Woohoo, we're more than halfway there! I can't wait until she's on the outside and I can stop freaking out about whether or not she's okay in there...and I can start freaking out about all new things. (I have accepted that there will be freaking out. I'm just ready for a different type.) Lately, I get panicky if she doesn't move around in a timely manner. It seems like she'll have a very, very active day; which is followed by a few days where she hardly moves at all. During those days I poke at my belly, jump up and down, do anything to try to get her to move....it worries me if I don't feel it on a regular basis. Today might actually be an active day, she's been kicking me pretty steadily since I sat down in front of the computer. Yesterday there wasn't much but we DID manage to get Craig's hand on my stomach just in time before she aimed a good kick right at my belly button, and he felt it! Yay!

In other news, my body hurts so badly I have no idea how it's going to cope when she gets any bigger...my back hurts, I have a place on my lower chest/upper abdomen and one on my upper leg that goes numb and tingly for no reason, I'm crampy from all of the stretching my muscles are doing to accommodate the kid, and all of the pillows in the world can't help me get comfortable at night. I got up three times last night just to walk around because laying down hurt my back....really thought I had the rest of the second trimester to be comfortable, but I guess not. Maybe the doctor can refer me to a chiropractor or something, if not, I'm definitely doing what I keep saying I'm going to do, and that's get a massage. Most of the spas around here offer special pregnancy massages and that's sounding great right about now!

Anyhow, the good thing about not being able to sleep is that I got up early and started cleaning and doing laundry, so now I'm almost done and can enjoy the rest of the weekend! Later today I'm going shopping, because I forgot that with my upcoming trip to Chicago/New Jersey, I'm going to need cool weather clothes sooner than I had originally planned. Oh well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Getting up early also allowed me to spend some "quality time" with the cats....they LOVE attention! We sat out on the porch since it was nice and cool early in the morning, and Toby alternated between snuggling up next to me and and walking in circles around me. Jack just kind of wandered around...he'll want attention when it's totally inconvenient, like at 4:00am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are adorable! I'm sure they are so glad to get to spend more time with you. I need to start using any non-sleeping time I have during the night to do productive things. I usually just surf the internet. :]