It's that time again...vacation!! WOOHOO! Man, I need this. I had a student in class today who just randomly, out of the blue, for no reason, said, "Hey! Wouldn't it be funny if you were sitting in the teacher's lounge and all of the sudden your water broke?" Okay, first of all, I don't want students thinking about my "water" or it breaking. Ew. Second, the teacher's lounge would be the best place for such a disaster, because not only is it way more private than, say, the classroom...most of the women I work with have been through it and would know what to do. Having said that, I'm definitely rethinking my decision to go back to work after Christmas break, as Ava is set to arrive just days later....I'm just not thinking I want to go into labor in the middle of teaching algebra or something. However, if she arrives on time or late, I'm going to feel like I wasted a week of maternity leave doing nothing but worrying about my classes. I'm kind of a freak about work like that: I joke about getting a nice vacation during 3rd quarter but honestly, stepping back and letting someone else run my class for 8-10 weeks is really going to be hard.
Anyhow, it's up to Chicago tomorrow to see family and friends and then over to New Jersey to see Craig's family and have the first baby shower. It's going to be fun, aside from the fact that being the center of attention like that kind of freaks me out. (I'm not kidding...I cried before one of my bridal showers because I didn't want everyone looking at me, and I didn't think I'd make it down the aisle at my wedding for the same reason.) Craig's grandfather made a cradle for the baby and I can't wait to see it! It'll go in our bedroom so that for the first few months she can be near us while we sleep. Or at least, while we try to sleep...
I know I said I'd post a 23-week picture but that may not have been accurate... ;-) If we have time tomorrow before leaving for the airport, I'll do it, otherwise it'll be another week or so. Sorry!
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment