Okay, so I'm posting the second one now...I'm already up, it's already late, might as well.
The New Jersey shower was very nice...it was an early afternoon tea held at the Lavender & Lace Tea Room and given by my mother-in-law, Pat. Everything was so beautiful! (Of course, it was slightly humid out and thanks to the bean sprout my body temperature is all out of whack so I was sweating like an animal, but that's okay... ;o) The people who attended are all members of Craig's family and friends of the family he's known since childhood. It always feels a little awkward when it's not the family and friends you yourself grew up with, but it was very nice and by now, I've met many of these people more than once so some of the weirdness was gone. We were given a lot of things off of our registry, plus a TON of clothes (Ava darling, I hope you like pink!) and among other things, Craig's grandparents gave us a beautiful cradle that was handmade by his grandpa. The in-laws are driving all of the gifts down this weekend so I'll take a few close-up pictures and post them. (We actually received a lot of beautiful things people made themselves--some articles of clothing, blankets, a photo album, a stuffed animal--these people could make a killing on Ebay!)
(BTW--the blonde girl next to me in most of the pictures, helping me with the gifts, is Melissa, a family friend of Craig's. I've met her a few times before...she's pretty much awesome, and a lot of fun.)
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment