
And that, folks, is a picture of my brand-new iPhone! (Well, that's not a picture of MINE, it's just a picture of the same phone that I found online....) Have I ever owned anything that computer-geeky before? Nope. Do I need it? Probably not. But it's pretty awesome...if you're not familiar with the iPhone, it's practically a mini-computer...you can use it as a phone, you can surf the internet with it, it plays music and even movies. It means that on my upcoming trip to Chicago/New Jersey, my only carry-on item will be my purse because I don't need to bring a CD player or laptop or anything to entertain myself. I can fit a snack and bottled water in my purse, and maybe I'll pick up a magazine to peruse. Downsizing is good, since I'm already going to be carrying on the baby.
Needless to say, I didn't buy something like that for myself (I'm a teacher, not a magician...I don't magically pull money out of my butt. Although if I could, that would be awesome)....Craig gave it to me as a Thank-You-For-Carrying-My-Child gift. :o) I'm thinking, hmmmm, maybe this should be an actual guideline, kind of like the Anniversary thing, where you get a specific type of gift for each year, only in this case you get a specific type of gift for each child you have. It could go like this:
First Child--cool new electronic device
Second Child--a nice piece of jewelry
Third Child--a Mustang GT convertible
Fourth Child--better birth control and a smack upside the head
:o)




No comments:
Post a Comment