Monday, August 13, 2007

A few odds and ends

1.) I just noticed something when looking at the ultrasound pictures...you can already see that our baby has really long, skinny fingers. I've seen those fingers before: they're typing out this post right now. :o) I thought that was pretty cool.

2.) I am feeling her kick frequently now, and I love it! Enjoying it while I can because I'm sure when she gets bigger and aims a good kick right at the ribs or bladder, I'm not going to be so happy.

3.) When people talk about crazy pregnancy hormones, they are NOT kidding. I thought it was a myth, until I spent the last 18 weeks bouncing between delirious happiness and hating everything on the planet. (No offense to anyone in particular, it's just a general hate. I even hate plants and inanimate objects sometimes.) I have no tolerance for crap from students, so it kind of stinks to be them right now. And I'm attempting to read the last Harry Potter book but have to put it down every time something sad happens (that would be about every seven pages) because I start to cry. Hormones suck.

That's about it...there won't be much else to say I guess, for awhile...I'm looking forward to registering for the baby stuff (okay, maybe not really looking forward to doing it, but to getting it done) and for the day when Craig can actually feel the baby kicking too. She's too little right now for anyone on the outside to feel it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the kicking feeling like to you? Just curious

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Like gentle poking or muscle twitches...it's really cool! Today she kicked me three times in a row while I was listening to Tom Petty on the way home from work, so I think she's already a fan! ;)