So I've been obsessed with Wendy Bellissimo's Honey Bee collection ever since we decided to have kids...up until recently. I think I might actually be in love with a different nursery....same designer, still gender-neutral, but with a jungle/safari theme. Check it out: Petite Safari
(Feel free to comment and let me know your opinion on Honey Bee vs. Safari! Not that it's going to change my mind either way, but whatever! ;o)
I like it because it's earth tones (like our whole house), and it's not cartoonish like so much baby stuff...the bees were adorable and everything, but I started thinking that maybe they were a little more on the cutesy/feminine side of neutral...the safari theme might suit us and bean sprout a little better. :o) I don' t know though...I really do like the designer and that her gender-neutral rooms aren't boring, and that a lot of the collection pieces are interchangeable, so we'll see. But I'm leaning towards safari. Guess when it's time to register I'll see which one looks better in person. Sometimes January seems so far away, and sometimes I can't believe I only have 23 weeks to get all of this done!
On the con side of changing my mind about the room theme....it's probably going to require a new paint color. Grrrrrr. I am so sick of painting! (But we can either paint it the same color as our bedroom which is a soft, pale sage; or paint it a warm honey color. It's currently a pale yellow that's almost off-white, so it will be easy to cover.)
That's it here. I'm going to bed, because when I wake up again the wait will be down to two days! (Plus, I like to lay in bed and hold really still to see if I can feel it kicking.)
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I don't know. Both look very similar, but I do like the bees better!
Actually, that was my nickname too as a baby. "Honey bee" I think it was because I looked like a baby Bhudda. XD
Post a Comment