Sunday, August 5, 2007

By popular demand...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's the 17-week photo! I should have had Craig just take a normal picture because I'm quite fond of that outfit, it's really cute and I was dressed up to go out to a movie. (The Bourne Ultimatum, which I could distinguish from neither of the other two Bourne movies, and I spent the majority of it trying to feel the baby kick before I finally just fell asleep.) Speaking of the kicking, I think it's pretty unmistakable now....it feels like gentle pokes about an inch or two under my belly button, usually in the evening. Hard to believe there's actually a live human being in there, kicking and elbowing at my guts. Feels something like muscle twitches...probably after I see it in the ultrasound later this week, my brain will make the connection a little better.

In other news, Craig has said he really has no intention of posting here and in fact, hardly even reads this (so much for the family blog....oh well), which is disappointing but also pretty amusing, because now I can use this site as yet another part of my ultimate plot to ensure that this baby is a future Bears fan. So I present to you, exhibit one: the bean sprout's first Bears jersey!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks, Christie! :o)

And this is a chart I have devised to calculate the likelihood of producing a Bears fan. (Okay, I didn't devise it personally, I found it online and have interpreted it to suit my purposes.) Please note: the father is listed as "unaffected," which clearly refers to his sad state of being a non-Bears fan. The mother is the carrier of the Bears gene in this case. It appears as though the probability of producing a Bears fan is as high as 3 in 4, or as low as 1 in 4. Only one of the offspring in the chart is entirely unaffected like the father, out of the other three one is definitely a fan, one will carry the gene but not necessarily be a fan, and the last one will be a fan but not necessarily carry the gene to pass it on to his or her offspring. It makes perfect sense.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




In all seriousness though--we DO have an important doctor appointment coming up and as excited as I am about Bears jerseys and finding out the gender, the main purpose of the ultrasound is going to be to check the baby for abnormalities. So if you would, please pray that whatever gender child we've been given is a healthy one. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I love the carrier chart.

You're getting big! How exciting.

I'll send happy healthy baby thoughts. Can't wait to hear the gender, like everyone else!!

andophiroxia said...

You look so cute! That hairdo is rad on you!

Yeah, well that jersey looks rad too. I wonder who that person is? ;)