Friday, July 27, 2007

Yes, we're still alive!

...but this is still going to be a short post because I am exhausted right now! I've tried to talk Craig into posting every now and then but I don't see it happening. Oh well. Anyhow, the only baby news here (and it's good news!) is that it looks like we've found affordable and convenient child care, woohoo! Originally I wanted to try to find a person who just baby-sat a kid or two out of her home full time, but I need something reliable so that's out....what if one day they just decide they don't feel like doing it any more? My biggest problem with day care is that it is really expensive...I swear, it's extortion. People are desperate for child care so they charge ridiculous amounts of money (most places, I'd be forking over half of my paycheck....LITERALLY.) and they even charge for when the kid isn't there. I have 13 weeks of vacation a year and I would have to pay for all of those weeks. So anyways a few months ago, they started building a new center about five minutes from our house, directly on my route to work....I found out that the same group has a few more centers in the area so I went and picked up enrollment information and about died of happiness: only $800 a month for an INFANT! That is unheard of! They do charge for track-out, but only a half-price holding fee which, at their already affordable prices, is entirely reasonable. And something else I've never heard of--they allow you two vacation weeks that you don't have to pay for, which is really nice. I'm completely thrilled....the center by our house opens in another week so I'm going to go over and talk to the teachers/managers/whatever and take a tour of the place and if it looks good I only have to pay a $75 fee to hold a spot starting in April. Our baby is still a fetus of undetermined gender and it already has a day care center. This baby stuff is crazy.

That's it. I have a pretty good "rude and insensitive people who don't understand what it's like to actually have to work at it to get pregnant" rant saved up, but I'm too excited about day care to get properly worked up at this time. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11 days and we will knnow if you have a boy sprout or a girl sprout. 11 days closer to knowing if I can go right out and buy the princess dress with the wings!!!!