Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy 4 Years!

This post is a day late, but yesterday was our four year anniversary! Sadly, I spent the evening wearing my happy teacher smile for open house, greeting this year's batch of spawn and their parents, but Craig and I celebrated tonight with a long, decadent meal at The Melting Pot. Luckily, our anniversary happened just as I'm exiting the first trimester, so I have been feeling almost normal again and could actually enjoy it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I can't believe it's been four years...as I was clicking through a file of pictures, I came across wedding shower photos, including one of the cake at my Illinois wedding shower, which bore the message, "God's Blessings on Craig and Melissa." We certainly have been blessed. :o)

Exhausted after the ceremony...and we still have the reception ahead of us!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just your typical wedding picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cutting cake #1 at the little cake-and-punch reception at the church right after the ceremony. Big dinner and dancing reception was later that night. (Yes, I know that my cake is covered in hideous pastel flowers. There's a story there, believe me....)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This weekend I'll post a photo of the 14-week belly. I've just about blown up in the past week, totally out of the blue. It's actually pretty funny, because I'll glance at myself in the mirror and for a split second think, "Holy crap, I have GOT to do something about that gut!" Then I remember why it's there in the first place and I'm like, "Woohoo! Nevermind! No crunches for me!" It's going to be quite the wake-up call come January when the kid is out and the gut remains, and I have to attempt to tone it up again. UGH.

5 comments:

andophiroxia said...

Awwww! You two look so sweet together. Your baby will be one good looking kid!

The easiest way for a gut is a fitness ball and Pilates excercises! Those are rad.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding dress was beautiful! I love the Melting Pot. I hope Open House went well. I'm sad that I am not there starting a new year with you guys. :[ I think I need to go into teaching here. :]

Can't wait to see the belly.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Do the kids at school know about the baby?

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

The kids don't know about the baby...eventually they're going to suspect something and I'm going to see who's gutsy enough to come right out and say something... ;o)

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that the possibilities are not just negative....my Melissa was back to her fighting weight within 3 weeks of giving birth to our first gal...

So, think positively! You're doing all the right things now to make this possible (at least you have to keep telling your body that).

I'm very excited for you and Craig.