Wednesday, July 4, 2007
4th of July
Well, this is the second year in a row we did not go see fireworks (I'm glaring in Craig's general direction as I write this...) but next year, we will have a kid, and you know she/he will have to go see them (yes, 6 month old babies love fireworks, why do you ask?)... we have to think about the child, you know. ;o) More importantly, I'm going to make sure that this child understands why this is such an important day...today, on the way home from the movies, we caught part of a news report about an American soldier from North Carolina who died overseas recently, leaving behind his pregnant wife. If there's one thing I want my kid to know it's that he is allowed to live in freedom because other kids' parents have died to make sure that happens. That the men and women of our military deserve more honor and respect than we could ever give them. Somewhere in the this state, there's another woman who has to go to bed tonight without her husband, knowing she'll be raising her baby by herself. I complain about having a husband who travels for a living, and having to handle things by myself for a few days at a time, but let me tell you, hearing that news report tonight has really humbled me. My prayers are with that woman and her baby tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment