Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Then and Now

So, we have today off from work (Happy Veteran's Day!) and I was just thinking how funny it is, the difference between a typical day off now and how I used to spend those days:

THEN
1.) Sleep until 10am
2.) Lunch out somewhere with a friend
3.) Going to the mall, looking for sales at Ann Taylor
4.) Watching movies and wasting time on the computer
5.) Making a nice dinner

NOW
1.) Up around 5:30am
2.) Breakfast at home with a baby, something for lunch if I'm lucky
3.) Going to the mall, looking for sales at Baby Gap
4.) Watching Baby Einstein and keeping the power cord from the computer out of Ava's mouth
5.) Completely unsatisfying and un-nutritious dinner after the baby is in bed

I'm not complaining...it's just amusing! Ava and I are actually having fun so far, and later I will take her to the mall, she loves to people watch and I have to start thinking about holiday shopping (yuck). We'll probably share an Auntie Anne's pretzel: last time I got one I gave her a few little pieces and she loved it! As her mother, it is my duty to introduce her to all kinds of things, including the exotic cuisine of...the mall food court.


That's about it here! The day off will make the week go by a little faster, and then we'll only be one week away from the Thanksgiving holiday (yay!) and my impending 30th birthday (boo!).

No comments: