Because that's, like, unusual. RIGHT. I'm going to start making announcements when she ISN'T sick. Anyhow, either because of the not feeling well or by coincidence, she did NOT want to nap or go to sleep all weekend. By Saturday afternoon I found a simple solution--I had to give her some significant cuddle time or rock her in order to get her to sleep. I'm not complaining!! I've tried rocking her before just so we could have that time together but usually she stands up on my lap and jumps up and down (apparently I am a trampoline?) and tries to rip down the curtains behind the rocking chair. So, cuddling/rocking it is. :o)
In other news, I apparently speak Chinese or babble like a moron, or speak in a frequency that only dogs can hear. There is a particular math concept that some of these kids keep wanting to make up fake shortcuts on. I've explained that it DOES NOT WORK...that by using the shortcut they are trying to use, they can't even get the right answer by accident...that's how far off base it is. I say, "DO NOT DO IT THAT WAY! I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL NEVER GET THE RIGHT ANSWER THAT WAY! THERE IS NO SHORTCUT....YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY TO GET THE CORRECT ANSWER!" All they hear is, "blahblahblah do it however you want..." UGH!!! You want to know why I'm now getting copious amounts of gray hair? THAT is why.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
What a coincidence! Noah was sick this weekend, too. I HATE COLDS! He could not nap well and woke up multiple times a night. UGHHH! It's so frustrating when they need sleep to get better but can't sleep because they're sick!
I think what does Ava in is the fact that she sucks her fingers for comfort...when her nose is stuffed up she can't do it and that makes her extremely upset. :( Hoping tonight is better....
Hope she feels better soon!
Brandt is just getting over a cold as well. I think he picked it up in the nursery at church. Oh well...
On another note, it appears that your math students have not changed much. They did that with me too.
Post a Comment