Sunday, October 18, 2009

What's new this week....

Words:
--fan
--bite
--froggie (she can sort of make the associated sound, a bunch of gibberish that sounds vaguely like "ribbit")

She can also identify the letters A, B, C, O, and S. (Although she doesn't say "C", she makes a hard C noise that sounds like "kuh." And for the letter S she says "snake.") I think I have to stop keeping record of these things, because she's picking up so much these days I can hardly keep up with it!

New cutest thing--she now says "thank you" when you bless her after sneezing! Too cute! We were laying in bed the other night and this happened:

Ava: *sneezes*
Me: "Bless you!"
Ava: "Kank-yoo!"
Me: "You're welcome!"
Ava: *sneezes*
Me: "Bless you!"
Ava: "Kank-yoo!"
Me: "You're welcome!"

It almost made up for the fact that she was in my bed because she was REFUSING to sleep and screamed and cried so much I had to bring her in our room to avoid waking all of the house guests....

Anyhow, we've all very much enjoyed the grandparent visit: yesterday all four of them and Craig took Ava to the North Carolina state fair (I stayed home, as my stomach has been bothering me all week) and everyone had a great time...we never did make it to the pumpkin farm, so I'm thinking next week. Craig's parents left a couple of hours ago and mine leave Tuesday, so we'll miss everyone but it will be good to get back to a normal routine for awhile.

No comments: