Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And so it begins!

Tomorrow begins two weeks of grandparents with the arrival of my mom....should be fun! I spent the last two days cleaning like crazy and am so sore....today I even crawled out on the roof so I could clean the windows from the outside. It wasn't steep and the fall from there couldn't have killed me, although it would not have felt very nice. I survived, and the windows look great! ;o)

Ava has finally started going to sleep without freaking out on me, she either gets annoyed as I'm leaving and tries to have a conversation with me, or she cries for about ten seconds, and that's it...then she stays asleep the entire night. Yesterday she didn't get up until 7:45am!! I heard her talking to herself on and off for about an hour before she finally called for someone to get her. ("Mommmmmmyyy! Daaaaadaaaaa! Tom-Tom!") If she wakes up crying or just sort of talking to herself I leave her alone: I read once that if babies wake up crying, it means they haven't gotten enough sleep and to leave them alone and for the most part this has been true for Ava. If she's just talking to herself, more often than not she'll end up dozing off again for awhile...it's when she's yelling and actually calling for us that I know she's up and wants to get out. Knock on wood, but she's not quite figured out how to climb out of the crib yet. I find this pretty amazing considering how much she likes to climb on things and considering how devious she can be: remember that part in Jurassic Park where the guy talks about raptors and how smart they are, and how they were constantly testing their enclosure for weaknesses? That's Ava. So needless to say, I'm extremely thankful she's not figured out the crib! There's no way she could do a "big girl" bed right now, she would never stay in it...I really think she needs at least another year in the crib...or maybe I'll just keep her in it until she's too long for it. Whatever works!

All right, I need to shower and go to bed. There's just no excuse for me being up this late....

No comments: