Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Pneumonia
Last Saturday night, I was hanging out at the house with a neighbor and watching movies when Ava woke up, sobbing, and saying, "Uh-oh, Mommy! Uh-oh, Mommy!" This is not normal waking-up-and-fussing behavior so I ran up to her room to find her, and her crib, covered in throw-up. Disgusting, but surprisingly I wasn't as grossed out as I think I should've been...we were too concerned about Ava to think about it I guess. Craig stuck her in the bathtub and I cleaned up the mess (isn't it amazing what parenthood can do? There is NO WAY I could've handled puke clean-up duty a few years ago....actually it's probably just because it's my kid that it isn't so bad, but still.) Anyhow she only threw up that once (well, she did spit up some water on Craig but I don't think it really counts) but was fevery, so we figure that's what caused the upset stomach. Called the doctor the next morning when her fever was about 102, and they said she probably had the flu. Ugh. However, she was in a good mood, ate well, and the fever went down all day and the only other issue was a wet-sounding cough so we ruled out the flu. I kept her home with me Monday and she went back to Christina's Tuesday after having no fever (but a not-so-good night due to the cough)....however, I got a call shortly after I got to work that the fever had returned so I called the doctor and took her in after work. The verdict? Pneumonia in her left lung. I have no clue where she got it, but luckily we caught it early and have antibiotics. Last night was ROUGH....she fussed so much I brought her to bed with me, that resulted in her thinking it was play time, and then finally I gave her some Benadryl--it helped--and got about 2.5 hours of sleep. Ugh. On the upside she does seem to be improving a little so I'm hoping for a better night tonight! That's it for now....I'll do a better update some other time. Nite!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh no pneumonia!! At least you caught it early and she is feeling better. She has to feel better for trick-or-treat.
Hope you all get some good sleep tonight.
Post a Comment