...until the anatomy scan. I'm losing my mind. Seriously--I'm like one of those nervous little dogs that shake and yip, the kind you just want to drop-kick because they can't hold still or calm down for one freaking second. AHHHHHHH!!!! I was this same way with Ava, I started losing my mind a few weeks before we found out her gender, and it got worse and worse until I was about to just throw up. I hate not knowing things...worse, I hate not knowing something when there's a definite date as to when the truth will be revealed. I was not this anxious before giving birth because although I knew it was coming, I didn't know WHEN. (I should have been nervous...I should have been terrified, in fact. If I'd learned anything at all from that experience, I never would've gotten pregnant again. But, here I sit, knocked up again and losing my mind again. Ahhhh well. ;o) I guess being half-crazy from curiosity is good because it keeps my mind off of the real reason for the scan, which is to make sure we've got a healthy baby. I'd rather be full of nervous excitement about the gender than anxiety about his/her health, you know? If there are any problems we will deal with it when the time comes.
That's about it for now. Craig is out of town (sometimes I really hate his job), so it's just Ava and me, which is not uncommon, just kind of lonely for us. We've had fun and I've actually accomplished quite a bit: Christmas cards are addressed and stamped, gifts are mostly purchased, birthday invites are sent (can't believe my little girl is turning THREE in less than a month!), and I've sort of kept up with the cleaning: I am not going to vacuum or wash the floors until Craig comes home and can help me. Better go make dinner now....
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment