Sunday, December 19, 2010

ROFL!

I've been trying to reinforce with Ava the fact that she's going to need to be gentle with the baby once he's born, and what we do in certain situations: if he cries, he can have a pacifier, if he's hungry he gets a bottle, etc. Tonight, Ava said we could feed the baby soup and "eatmeal" (oatmeal)...I told her no, babies are too little for food and they have to drink milk. She exclaimed, "Mommy! The baby is going to eat your boob!" Craig and I were crying with laughter....of course, this egged her on and she kept saying it, which only made us laugh more. Well...she's right, but I have NO IDEA where she got that from! We certainly haven't said anything, I've only mentioned drinking milk and bottles, figuring that the whole breastfeeding thing would come up when she saw me feeding the baby after he was born. Maybe she has a classmate at day care who's got a younger sibling and said something about the baby "eating boobs?" That's my best guess at this point.

No comments: