If i survive the last four weeks of the first trimester, I will consider it a monumental achievement. I am miserable...MISERABLE. At this point, if I encounter anyone who tells me how much they love being pregnant, I may punch them in the face. Healthy food makes me want to puke (heck, just being conscious makes me want to puke, and that's even with my double strength Zofran prescription), I can't so much as peel a banana for Ava without dry heaving. The only healthy food I can stomach at this point is smoothies (frozen fruit, yogurt, fruit/veggie juice, and a touch of honey...so it really is healthy) and grapefruit juice but I don't know how long that will last. I'm not getting adequate sleep because Ava--who is in a regular bed because the crib was no longer keeping her contained--wakes up crying every night and runs into our room, insisting she needs to sleep in our bed. We compromise by one of us sleeping in her room, otherwise nobody gets any sleep. This is fine except when Craig is out of town and I'm stuck losing sleep the entire week when I have to get up at 5am. The urge to drug the kid to sleep is very strong right now and I may actually call the pediatrician to see if there's anything homeopathic I can give her to help her stay asleep. One of us also has to sit in her chair until she falls asleep....usually this takes about 35-40 min, but I've been in here an hour now and she is still not asleep! Before anyone suggest just locking her in here, we already tried that approach and it was a total disaster, she seriously freaked out and then ransacked her room and peed on the carpet. Tough love doesn't work on anxiety. Hopefully this will pass soon, because I really want to feel happy about being a parent right now, instead of frustrated and depressed.
Anyhow, the one still in utero seems to be fine, to the best of my knowledge. Had a doc appointment on Thurs...oops, I thought that's what it was supposed to be, but it was just paperwork and drawing SEVEN vials of blood from my arm. I did surprisingly well, considering my fear of needles, but I wish before they'd taken my blood and credit card they'd have at least checked up on the little bean sprout, ya know? :-/ Ah well....in 8 days we see the doctor so if all goes well, we will henceforth make the pregnancy public knowledge.
Well, I'm off....I think the beast is sleeping so I'm going to go fight the urge to vomit in the comfort of my own room now.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment