Friday, Sept. 24th
If you are reading this, it's after the fact and you already have a good idea what's going on in our lives. You aren't actually reading it on 9/24 because I'm saving it to draft so we can maintain some secrecy for the next few weeks until we let the general public know our business yet again: Haynor Baby #2 will be arriving on our around May 17, 2011...yeah!!!!!! I'm writing because I'm practically exploding from a need to talk about this, but not wanting to let people know too early. Here's what happened...
Since about spring, we've been tossing around the idea of having another kid and trying in the fall. We had no expectations since getting Ava wasn't easy, but weren't really feeling any pressure. Worst case scenario, if we weren't able to have a second one, we knew we were blessed with one pretty awesome kid. We finally narrowed it down to September to begin the process, just because that would work out nicely with my work schedule. Anyhow, for well over a year we've been following natural family planning (I didn't like some of the things chemical birth control did to me) and it's been a piece of cake. Then, in August, I somehow miscalculated the days. Didn't think about it too much because, what, was I actually going to get pregnant without any effort? Yeah, right. So imagine my surprise a few weeks later when I took a pregnancy test (just to rule it out, I was very convinced I was just late for some other reason) and it came out positive!
We're pretty crazy happy right now...yesterday we went to the doctor and they confirmed it, and we saw the lima bean on ultrasound, it's little heart beating away so things are good. :) I'm also feeling pretty miserable physically....which is a good sign, but it doesn't make me any less nauseous. Like with Ava, I feel miserable 24/7 EXCEPT in the morning--even waking up at night because of it--but I don't throw up. I gag a lot and go between wanting to eat everything in sight and not being able to stand the sight of food. Ironically, I also have an aversion to ginger, which is everyone's #1 suggestion for relieving morning sickness. Soooo......THANK HEAVEN FOR MODERN MEDICINE AND DOCTORS WHO DISTRIBUTE IT FREELY! I have a prescription for generic Zofran which knocks out the nausea, and another prescription that's apparently a combination anti-nausea/sleeping pill. Probably won't take that one but it's good to have anyhow, since feeling like crap has literally made me lose sleep.
That's about it for now...more later!
Monday, October 4th
I forgot just how much I loathe being pregnant...how is that even possible, to have forgotten how awful this is? No, not the part about having another baby (okay, sometimes when Ava is acting psycho I kind of wonder what on earth I've gotten myself into), but all of the symptoms that accompany the first trimester (the only one of which I'll speak in this blog is the "morning" sickness). Yeah, right....morning is about the only time of day I don't wish I were dead. The nausea, while not as bad as it was with Ava, is still pretty miserable and I have aversions to most foods right now: vegetables (especially salad), ginger tea and ginger ale, cake (why???), pork...and even the fruit I was craving recently has started to bother me, maybe because I've eaten so much of it. About a week ago, Craig ate some really garlicky pasta and the once it was in his system, I could smell it just as strong as if I'd shoved a whole freaking clove of garlic up my nose. He reeked of it so bad I was gagging and had to sleep in a different room that night. I swear I could still smell it the next day.
Oh, and yesterday when I went to pick up more of my Zofran--the only thing that gets me through the horror that is the first trimester--it turns out insurance has gotten really stingy with it...instead of receiving my 30 pills (which last between 10-15 days for me), I was only allowed 12 and my doctor has to contact the insurance company and explain to them exactly why I need it. Let's see...because I'm bordering on underweight to begin with and even with the meds I can hardly choke anything down, which means I'm not even able to eat for one, let alone for two? SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY GOOD REASON TO ME. Ugh...clearly, there are no women (or at least no women who have ever been pregnant) working at the insurance company. I bet they don't give this much grief to men who are prescribed Viagra, because the system is totally unfair like that. And don't even tell me it's because insurance companies are bad and government-run health care would take care of it, because I can pretty much guarantee that no one in the government would deem this medication a necessity for me. Again....people who've never been pregnant. If I get desperate, the meds are $100 for 30 pills. If it comes to that, I'll do it because I'd probably be able to get away with only filling it once more, but I'm hoping the doctor can straighten things out. I have approximately 6 more weeks to get through before I leave behind the worst of the symptoms and actually reach the part of pregnancy that I will admit I like. :)
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment