Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ava-isms

Let me start by saying I was going to attempt to post a few pictures, but apparently the image uploading is down right now, so I get to be lazy a little while longer. ;o) There are about a million funny things Ava has been saying and doing lately, and I never write them down....I really want to remember them later though, so here are a few of my recent favorites:

Ava: "Is it raining?"
Me: (bursting into song) "IT'S RAINING MEN!"
Ava: (looks excitedly out of the window, but then looks at me like I'm crazy) "No, it's not."

When she wants to get out of her car seat: "Mommy, buckle me OUT!"


Bursting in on me while I'm in the bathroom: "You're going pee-pee in the potty?! I'm so proud of you!"

In response to a reprimand from Craig: "Yes, ma'am!" (To be fair, I'm teaching her to be polite but she's rarely around men, so "yes, sir" has not come up often...we're working on it.)
 
Names she has given her three dolls: Baby Lauren, Baby Tasha, and Baby Haynor


Proof she watches too much Dora and Diego: "Mommy,  there's a caiman after me! Help! Help! Ayudame!"


Mistaken Identity: She thinks I'm Jessie, the cowgirl from Toy Story. This is a step down from when she identified a picture of Padme (Natalie Portman) as me....

After I told her that there's a baby in my tummy (because it's starting to become much more noticeable, everything really popped out this week): "But *I* want to be the baby in your tummy!" (I told her that she already was....now she is referring to my little baby gut as a "pocket")

Craig: "Ava, do you want Mimi and Papa to come visit?"
Ava: " NO! Just Dada, Mommy, and Ava!" (This was after our trip to IL a few weeks ago, she really missed her daddy and being in her own house, even though she had fun with my family)

I guess that's about it for now. I'm determined to get some sleep...last night I was down around 9:30 (woohoo!) and woke up at 2:45 due to some psychic mom vibe. Sure enough,  few minutes later I heard little footsteps and Ava wandered in, asking to sleep in our bed. We went back to her room and slept in her bed instead, although I use the word "sleep" very loosely: she kicked a lot and kept turning her music on. GAHHHH. Could've been worse I guess... :)

No comments: