When Ava was born, one of our neighbors gave us a few baby gifts, among them a pink onesie with the words "Faith, Hope, and Love" on it. It's a 6-9 month size, so Ava is finally able to wear it. The reason I bring it up is simply because every time I see her in it, I can't get over how perfect those three words are to describe our daughter:
Faith--because when we encountered obstacles in the trying-to-have-kids thing, I had to have faith that there was a greater plan at work than any that I could make; and no matter what, things were going to work out for the best. Faith that someday, every bit of frustration was going to be worth it.
Hope--even when I was able to accept that I was not in control and was able to let go of the anger and anxiety, I was hoping for the best.
Love--Ava is without a doubt the greatest joy and love of our lives. We don't love her more than each other, but in a way that is so completely different, it's altogether amazing and indescribable. I start getting impatient every day after lunch because I just can't wait to see my baby again and when I do see her, I can't take my eyes off of her. I want her to stay little forever but at the same time, I love watching her learn new things and enter new phases of her life. I can hardly even remember my life without her. Was it worth the frustration, and the pain (physical and emotional), and if I could, would I do it all over again? Absolutely.

Ava at three months




1 comment:
Sweet :)
Post a Comment