Thursday, August 28, 2008

Three Day Weekend

This weekend--weather and Craig's health permitting--we are going to take Ava to a somewhat local petting zoo. She thinks animals are hilarious and laughs whenever she sees one up close. If we make it out, I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures and maybe even some video. :o) Living in the south pretty much since college, I've really missed autumn, and strangely enough, pumpkin farms. We get beautiful, drawn-out autumns here in NC (as opposed to NOTHING in Florida) but no pumpkin farms...or so I thought. The petting zoo where we are taking Ava--yep! Pumpkin farm! They even have a fall festival that will be happening at the same time my mom is visiting so that will be a LOT of fun. (If you are from up north, you understand the pumpkin farm obsession... ;o)

In other news we're cutting two more teeth! (Ava, not me. I have plenty.) One on the top left (Ava's right), next to one of her current vampire-like teeth. I'm hoping the other top tooth isn't far behind...the other one coming in is on the bottom right. This explains the copious amounts of drool and the sudden diaper rash, but not the rash she now has under her eye. There is no winning with this child and her health, but I think that's probably true about every baby, isn't it? The Zyrtec seems to be helping her cough and runny nose, so that's good...I'll give it another week and then call the doctor: we discussed what to do if it didn't work but not if it DID...does she continue to take the medicine? Do we just keep it on hand and give it to her whenever she seems sick? I don't get it...oh well.

Photobucket
I have no artistic skills or concept of color. The background is yellow and the inside of the mouth is grey simply because white was boring.


In house news, things are progressing slowly. Technically we've bought the lot and signed the paperwork to have a house built, but we have to get the builder and the bank to agree on something as far as if we don't sell our current house, if that gets us out of the contract, etc. The deal isn't off if they can't agree, it'll just make things more difficult for us. We'll see....we're determined to do whatever it takes at this point!!! Our house has only shown once so far and already I'm over it, I don't care if it sells next week and we're stuck in an apartment for six months, I just want it sold! Having to keep the house in showing condition 24/7 and having to vacate the premises with a baby at a moment's notice is kind of stressful. Bleh...oh well...it all ends with us in what's essentially our dream house, so I won't complain too much!

No comments: