Friday, August 1, 2008

exhausted...

There's been a lot going on around here so updating has been the last thing on my mind! I wanted to wait until I could upload a few recent pictures but that may not happen. The new school year is getting off to a good start, but I am so tired I can't stand it...I've been either alone during the week or doing 90% of the work myself, and it is NOT working out very well. (For me, anyhow!) Anyhow, in Ava news--she's still fighting off yet another cold, and I'm going to choke the next doctor and/or nurse who tells me to elevate her head, use a humidifier, and use the saline/aspirator on her nose. THAT POOR KID HAS BEEN ELEVATED, HUMIDIFIED, AND ASPIRATED HALF TO DEATH FOR ALMOST HER ENTIRE TIME ON EARTH!!!! Clearly, it isn't helping! I'm really not buying that we can do organ transplants and create super-awesome artificial limbs for people but can't do ANYTHING for a baby with a cold. In spite of this she's still pretty happy and enjoying trying out new foods every few days--her menu includes rice cereal, apples, pears, peaches, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, and green beans. She likes all of them. We had bananas for awhile but she didn't like them as much and they made her really gassy, even when we gave her Mylicon, so forget it. I hate bananas too so maybe it's just proof she's my kid. ;o) Anyhow, she has five bottles a day and two of those bottles have a meal with them--cereal and fruit in the morning, two veggies, cereal, and fruit at night. I think I'm allowed to start adding meat but I don't really want to go there yet....I'll wait until she's at least nine months I think. Same for yogurt.

Also--she is going to crawl any day now! In just this past week she's gone from kind of being able to tuck her legs up under her to getting up on all fours and staying like that for awhile. She can also sit up well when someone puts her in a sitting position, and really enjoys touching and rubbing things with different textures--I should probably get her some of those touchy-feely books.

That's about it for now! In other news, MJ finally had her baby last weekend, so Ava's future best friend is now outside of the womb. ;o) We were lucky to get to meet baby Sophia in the hospital, and mom, dad and baby are doing well at home. Congrats to them!!!

No comments: