Monday, August 18, 2008

Moving FORWARD

There's a lot of movement right now...in addition to moving to a new house in February, Ava has started to move forward--she started to crawl on Saturday!! It was so cool, seeing her finally figure out all the movements and put them together, giggling the whole time. We caught it on video and I'd like to say I'd post it but I'm not that ambitious...at least not for now! She's still a little bit unsteady but will get up on her hands and knees and slowly make her way towards whatever catches her interest, usually a toy or a cat or a speck on the carpet that I have to go grab so she doesn't stick it in her mouth. I can't adequately describe what it's like to see her go from one stage to the next, but it's amazing and also a little sad to see her losing her "babyness" a little bit at a time. Parenthood is frustrating, exhausting, scary, and without a doubt the best thing that's ever happened to us. :o )

Speaking of frustrating. We went to the doctor YET AGAIN today and this time we're going to try treating Ava for allergies, since whatever she has isn't in her lungs (no pneumonia) and doesn't seem to be a cold. As much as it stinks if she's got allergies, at least it'll be something common and treatable. We'll see. I was worried about getting her to take the Zyrtec (grape-flavored, how awful) because more often than not, she gags on medicine and ends up spitting it up along with whatever she's eaten in the past week, and perhaps even things she hasn't eaten yet. So, I mixed it with her veggies at dinner and she never even noticed. Excellent!!

That's about it for now, I just looked at the time and we need to get a bath going! I'm coming down with a nasty cold myself so as soon as Ava is down I'm showering and going to bed. NOT FUN.

No comments: