Monday, June 18, 2007

If you're reading this blog...

...it's most likely because I sent you a link, which means you probably already know that Craig and I have (finally) decided to go forth and multiply and after a VERY frustrating eight months or so of trying, we're finally there! As of today, I'm approximately 10 weeks pregnant, give or take. (According to my calculations, it's exactly 10 weeks today. I used an ovulation predictor to get into this mess in the first place. The doctors are using their methods of calculation and are putting me at slightly over 10 weeks. Either way I don't think it makes much of a difference.) That puts the ETA on approximately January 11th, 2008.

I've been to the doctor twice now. The first time was at 5.5 weeks just to make sure everything was okay up to that point, the second time was at 9.5 weeks, where we gave the nurse all of our information, and in return, she drained me of a few gallons of blood. (Okay, it was 5 tablespoons. It felt like gallons.) I'm proud to say that I closed my eyes and was VERY composed while she was siphoning off my blood. I didn't almost pass out or almost throw up until after she was done....oops. Hey, I tried.

Ultrasound at 5.5 weeks (the baby is the fuzzy spot on the bottom of the black oval...and if you look to the left, there appears to be a T-Rex on the ultrasound as well)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ultrasound at 9.5 weeks...look how the bean sprout has grown!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out. That T-Rex looks hungry and he's going straight for your bean sprout.

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

HA HA....he's gone in the second ultrasound....so I think the bean sprout got the T-Rex! Should that scare me?

Anonymous said...

No, I fully expect that sort of thing from your child!