Monday, June 18, 2007

The best book EVER.

(Yes, I know this is my third post today. I promise I'm done after this!)

Way back when we first started this whole reproduction thing, I decided to invest in a few pregnancy books. I'm not a very sappy person and respond best to blunt and sarcastic humor... so, when I saw this book in the baby section at Barnes & Noble, I knew it would be perfect for me:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I highly recommend this book if you are pregnant, thinking about getting pregnant, have impregnated your wife, or just want to be amused. The author details all of the worst parts of her pregnancy (and gives you information on other possible horrors she didn't actually experience) and does it with a great sense of humor (I never thought I'd be cracking up over a pregnancy book). I liked it because it was totally honest on what you can expect because pregnancy is NOT some kind of magical walk in the park for most people. I did purchase another book that goes through the whole thing week-by-week, but it's so sappy I can hardly stand it. Thanks, I don't need you referring to the baby as a "precious little miracle" every other sentence. Gag me.

Speaking of "gag me", let me tell you about my first trimester. It pretty much sucks. The nausea, gagging (no actual throwing up, thank goodness), food aversions, and Bionic Woman sense of smell are driving me NUTS. Luckily, I'm NOT opposed to drugs and neither is my doctor, so she prescribed some medication for me that takes care of all but the worst of the nausea. God bless modern medicine! I can't wait until the second trimester...seriously, the whole concept of giving birth used to freak me out, but now it looks almost pleasant compared to weeks of feeling like crap 24/7. Oh well...I've been told that having strong symptoms mean that things are progressing as they should, so I can deal with it. The worst is almost behind me, at any rate.

I found this picture online. It has nothing to do with the title of the post, but it is both bizarre and amusing (because, sure, I'm all about some non-alcoholic beer and short-shorts right about now...isn't everyone?):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to buy that book!

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Don't worry, when you guys have kids I'll send it to you! ;o)