Blessed
Bear with me. I'm going to get a little sappy here for a minute, but I promise to counteract it with some sarcasm in another day or so. (Plus, I can get away with it. I have crazy pregnancy hormones, you know, and it's all their fault.) I just have to say that yes, the first trimester is rotten and yes, this whole thing is stressful, and yes, giving birth is going to really suck...but I have the best friends and family, and I know that having them will get me through it all and maybe even make it fun. ;o) I have family members who are probably just as excited about the baby as we are, who are interested in everything from how I'm feeling to what we're naming the kid...I have friends to swap clothes with, friends that bring me fresh fruit when I feel too crappy to go out to the store to get it myself, I have friends who've been there who can offer me their own stories and encouragement, and friends who haven't who are still excited for me. I have teammates at work who have been wonderful listeners, and were awesome when I was first hit with the awful morning sickness. Even my OB-GYN center has a more caring and helpful staff than I ever expected. (Now if I can just convince them to not stick any more needles in me...)
And of course, there's Craig...we've been through a lot in the past year, and even though things were hard it made me realize that I am insanely lucky to have him. I love that man more now than I did when I married him, and that's a LOT. (Plus, you've got to love a man who will drive you to Wendy's at 11:30 at night because you HAVE GOT TO HAVE french fries.... ;o) He taught me how to drive stick a few years ago and he was so patient and encouraging, I know it'll be good to have him in the delivery room (even though I still think it's gross and no one should ever have to witness it), and I know he'll be very helpful once the baby is born. Speaking of which....I think I can handle this whole parenting thing, but not only do I think Craig can handle it, I think he'll be a wonderful father.
I'm not going to lie, when I stop and think about it this whole thing kind of scares the crap out of me, but I'll be able to do it, just because I'm surrounded by the best friends and family that anyone could ask for. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment