This picture has nothing to do with anything, but it makes me laugh...
So, I don't watch reality shows (unless you count the stuff on Food Network and HGTV)....I especially don't watch those Real Housewives shows (no offense if you are into them, they're just not my thing) because from what I understand, it's just a bunch of spoiled, catty women, drinking and shopping and fighting with each other. Since I already want to punch people on a daily basis, I probably don't need to lower my opinion of humanity any further, you know? If you want a show about REAL housewives, I'll start filming my day-to-day activities. You'll observe such things as me waking up looking like the living dead, fixing my hair while simultaneously singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and rocking the baby bouncy seat with my foot, keeping a 3-year-old from shoving plastic toys up her nose, cleaning the same thing a hundred times, and getting spit up on repeatedly. Sometimes we go to Target...and if I'm really feeling daring, I'll get a decaf vanilla latte while I'm there. Hey, I didn't say it was exciting, just real! ;o) Anyhow, this week started off pretty nice, we didn't have such unholy heat and humidity, so two days in a row I packed a picnic lunch and we headed to a nearby park. CJ napped in the Moby carrier and Ava had a blast playing, especially when a few other kids showed up.
Thursday afternoon, Ava decided to surprise me with a tea party:
It was so cute! She made me close my eyes and walk out onto the porch where she had everything set up, and she was SO proud of herself. I made us some of my favorite chai, which she refers to as "spicy tea." (Please ignore my gross, stained cushions...they got all wet and mildewy in the recent storms and I'm going to get rid of them and replace them for next summer. Blech.)
Also this week we had parent open house and then student open house for preschool! I am SO excited for Ava, and she had so much fun at her open house that she didn't want to leave! I know she'll probably melt down next week when I actually leave her there, but I'm sure she'll get over it quickly. School is going to be so good for her (and for me too!).
Finally, Ava has been really into taking pictures, and she snapped this one of CJ on my phone:
This week wasn't all sunshine and rainbows (last night was particularly rough) but today, I'm choosing to focus on the good...luckily, there was plenty of it to focus on! I also started another blog--if you didn't catch it already, it's called Things Ava Says and the name describes it all: it's a site dedicated to Ava-isms. I'll link it directly on the main page of this blog when I figure out how. ;o)











No comments:
Post a Comment