I'm a few days late on this...but last Wednesday was Ava's first day of preschool, and it was great! It was only a half day (okay, so it's only a half day to begin with so this was more like a quarter day...1.5 hours instead of 3) but Ava LOVED it. She did not want to go in at first, and in fact she got THAT look on her face, crossed her arms, and said, "No! I want to go HOME!" It was mortifying. Luckily I was able to get her in the room, and within a few seconds she was so interested in what was going on that she let go of my hand, and I RAN. They had a room open for parents to hang out since it was only a half day, but there were no other parents (bummer, I wanted to meet people :-\ ) so CJ and I went to Starbucks and then wandered around Kohl's for a little while before picking Ava up. She was happy to see me but looking forward to her next day! We had a celebratory Chick-fil-A lunch (nuggets for her, the world's most disgusting salad for me....I'm done getting their salads. Worst lettuce ever.) Thursday was her first "full" day (three hours--I used this time to clean the house in peace), she was reluctant to go in again but not as bad, and when I picked her up she would not leave. Like, spotted me through the door, started pouting, and then turned her back and pretended I wasn't there. On the way home, she continued to pout and said, "Mommy! Why did you take me away from my school?!" HAHAHAHA! So glad she loves it! Unfortunately, today we got to school and found that it was closed due to a broken water main...poor Ava was crying. I wanted to cry too, as I'd been planning for weeks on using today to organize my desk in the bonus room (it's buried under about 18 inches of junk) and then read on the porch for awhile while CJ napped. They are up and running again, however, so we'll be back at school on Wednesday!

Being dramatic and making a sad face...
...but then she made me get the camera BACK out so that she could take some happy pictures!
Our first day of school lunch
CJ looking on (and looking cute ;o) while we eat lunch
Check back soon--more updates on what's been going on around here will follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment