28 lbs, 10 oz (90th percentile)
35 in (still off the chart)
Ava is right on target with development, the doctor says she's healthy and doing well! She didn't get any vaccinations this time (HOORAY!) but was very apprehensive of the doctor. She gave him mean looks and shoved the instruments he was trying to use (stethoscope, otoscope, etc) away and whined when he tried to feel her stomach, etc. Can't really blame her, since every time she's been to the doctor it was for a bad ear infection or to get a bunch of shots. :-/ Anyhow, they are spacing the appointments out more now and we don't have to go in until she turns 2! Yay!
In other news, the next two days are going to suck for me...I've had persistent stomach problems for about a year now (I've always had a wonky stomach but it's gotten really bad), among other things I get stomach bugs at the drop of a hat, am constantly nauseated, and have started losing weight as a result. So I went to a GI doctor who has decided that I need an endoscopy (stuff shoved down my throat), and a colonoscopy (stuff shoved...nevermind). Thankfully, this requires being under general anesthesia (oh goody! Another bill from an anesthesiologist! This one BETTER work more than my stupid epidural) but being put under scares me. I have to be on a liquid diet today and then drink something tonight that will entirely flush out my system. I'll spare the details but it's not going to be fun. From about 6pm tonight until Saturday morning, Craig will be running the show, since I'll either be trapped in the bathroom or sleeping off the sedatives. Come to think of it, maybe a forced resting period will be nice...hmmm...not sure I really want to be probed but whatever. Hopefully they can find--and correct--the problem.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ugh! That really stinks! Did you get the results? Hope everything is ok.
Post a Comment