School started up last week, so the week before that I was preparing like a madwoman....now I'm recovering from a cold and because I'm a kind, thoughtful, and selfless individual I have lovingly shared that cold with Craig. How nice of me! :-\ Anyhow, it's pretty busy around here....Craig and I actually went on a date last weekend to the Melting Pot, which was cut short because I became--big surprise--dizzy and nauseated. My stomach ruins everything, all of the time. The doctor called during the week and given the results of one of my biopsies he's concerned I have Celiac disease and I have to go in on August 3rd for some bloodwork. Wonderful....seriously.....WONDERFUL. If you aren't familiar with it, Celiac disease is an intolerance to gluten that causes the small intestine to attack itself, resulting in a number of symptoms but it can cause malnutrition because it prevents the body from absorbing nutrients. Basically you can eat and eat but possibly still starve to death (though I highly doubt I have anything that severe.) Gluten is found in wheat, barley, and basically any food that actually tastes good....so if I have to go on a gluten-free diet, I'm going to have to change 99% of what I eat. Or pay someone to shoot me in the face...I'm still undecided on that one.
ANYHOW Ava is doing well, I'm tired and not really wanting to go through the whole process of learning the names of 90 new kids and training them in the ways of the Haynor classroom but they seem like a really good group so I can't complain too much.... ;o) It's not their fault that I resist change...
...and that's about all I really want to type at the moment. Ava is lugging around a giant diaper on her backside that I should probably change, due to the fact that when I took her in the pool earlier she spent more time sticking her face in the water and drinking it than actually playing. Good times! At least it was the baby pool in the backyard so she wasn't drinking chemicals and other people's germs....
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment