Monday, February 23, 2009

Good news, bad news

Bad news first: I'm at home right now with some kind of stomach bug and by the end of this week will have used up all of my sick days for the YEAR. Lovely!!! I used to have days left over at the end of each year...in addition to being out a couple of days for Ava, I seem to have no tolerance whatsoever for stomach bugs anymore. She must've knocked something out of whack on her way out because I've had something like three bugs and one case of food poisoning since her birth. I have no idea why, but it SUCKS. I'd rather have headaches, fevers, ANYTHING.

Good news: the bug seems to have done a hit-and-run on me and already seems to be on its way out, and the reason I'm using the rest of the sick days this week is because my last one will be spent with Ava on Wednesday when she FINALLY gets tubes in her ears! Thank goodness! Naturally I'm a little nervous but I know the end result will be a happier, pain-free kid and that's worth it.

Anyhow, that's about it here I guess...we're currently at war with our realtor and the building company because our realtor is selling our house but also selling US the house that we're building so naturally the builders are more important to him and we're left with no real representation. So when we pointed out to the builders that they were in breach of contract since they'll be 2-3 months past the closing date and per THEIR CONTRACT would end up owing us upwards of $6K, we asked if they could build a fairly basic deck off the back of the house instead of paying us the money. I thought this sounded fair, but for some reason, this makes us morally bankrupt criminals....or at least that's what one would think from the scathing, unprofessional, looks-like-it-was-written-by-a-12-year-old-girl-using-textspeak email we got from the realtor. The person who was supposed to be representing our best interests. But instead has tantrums because we're not naive kids like he thought and we actually READ the contract and intend to hold them to it. So, that's an issue...but they're still working on the house so that's good. We're still hoping to negotiate something with the builder, even if they just knock a couple grand off of the price of the house, SOMETHING to show they're willing to admit they're in the wrong (that's actually what a lawyer suggested we do, since a lot of builders are hurting right now and can't cough up the money to pay someone to build a deck. That's fine, we understand.)...the whole reason we're delayed is because it took them forever to get their loan from the bank. In that time, not only did nobody bother to call us (from the builder or the realtor's office) to keep us up to speed, nobody had bothered to return our frequent calls either. Had they done that, and been forthcoming about everything, we'd probably overlook this contract thing. I still have no idea how we're supposedly in the wrong here, but whatever...we got one more pathetically unprofessional tantrum from the realtor (our responses have always been calm and professional) and he is now refusing to speak to us. Lovely! He's just pissed off because he's so arrogant, he said he'd buy our house from us if it didn't sell...he hasn't managed to sell it and now he's going to have to buy it (who cares? He's profiting because we're buying a more expensive house through him, and if he can't turn around and sell ours, he can rent it out until the market improves. He wins either way.)

ANYHOW...that's the drama. Can't wait until it's over and we're in the new place! One of these days I'll post pictures of the progress. :)

No comments: