I apologize for the bad blogging the past few months: I've been trying to hang on until spring break and it's finally here!! Ava's ear tubes seem to be working as she hasn't had an infection in quite awhile (the last one was the one that required treatment with Rocephin) but she's had what seems to be a nasty cold the past couple of weeks, resulting in yet another case of not sleeping. Last night she finally slept again and I hope that's the last illness for awhile but knowing her, something that will cause us to lose sleep is lurking around the corner....maybe more teeth, etc. ;o) Anyhow we're mostly doing well! Ava is running everywhere and is trying so hard to talk: so far we have Dada, bye-bye, kitty kitty (sounds like, "key key!"), uh-oh, and when the mood strikes her, she actually says Mama! She looked right at me, smiled, and said it the other day and hasn't done it since. I am telling you she is doing it on purpose to make me crazy.
In other news, we're making steady progress on the new house: they just put up the drywall and I FINALLY settled on some paint colors, the siding is up, and closing will be early to mid May. We also finally locked in an interest rate, which was my biggest concern and can only be done 60 days out from closing. It worked out extremely well: it's about 1.5% LESS than what we'd planned for originally so our mortgage (including all insurance and taxes) will be a few hundred under budget....woohoo! It'll be nice having that cushion.
Finally, I'm sorry to say there will be no pictures at least for awhile....we lost the charge cord for the camera and can't take any or upload any until it is replaced--Craig ordered one but when it arrived it didn't work so no luck. :-\ I have a few on my phone that I'll put up in another day or two but they're not that great--a few of the house and of Ava doing her latest trick which is to climb INTO her doll carriage with the dolls. You can thank Craig for encouraging this, he thinks it's hilarious..... ;o)
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh boo! I only come here for cute Ava pictures. :)
Post a Comment