Monday, October 13, 2008

Nine month stats

As of last Wednesday, Oct. 8th; Ava is 21 lbs. 11.5 oz. (90th percentile), 19 3/4 inches long (97th percentile)...her weight seems to have slowed down a little bit but she's still getting so much bigger every day! A lot has happened in the last week...I'm going to make the update as short as possible, and I'll have to do pictures in another post.

First of all, the child care situation: a woman I worked with for four years, who now stays home with her two little kids, is Ava's new sitter! Ava has stayed with her three days now (two last week for my work days, and today when we tracked back in). She is having a great time playing with 2-year-old Will and 7-month-old Adeline, as well as chasing around some new cats. :o) She is happy and taking great naps again and we're very thankful to have someone we trust watching over her! Of course, she is protesting the change in environment (even though it's a good change) by not drinking her bottles while at the sitter's house...it's getting better, and I remember she did the same thing when she started day care so I'm sure it will pass before too long!

Next--Ava had some more visitors this past weekend: her grandma and grandpa on Craig's side. We very much enjoyed seeing them (it had been about six months) but unfortunately, Miss Ava decided to be a crabapple and fuss most of the weekend. :-/ I thought it was because of all the changes in routine--we quit day care, I was home on trackout, my mom was here for a week, the new childcare, etc.--but after some weirdness today on her part, it looks like she's going through a stranger anxiety phase, which my mom said is typical around this age. Hmmm.

Anyhow, that is about it for now....I have to go get dinner ready for the kid so I can get her off to the bath and bed. Picture update to follow whenever I get the chance! :)

No comments: