Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated! As you can probably tell from the ticker, I am now overdue: by MY calculations (on the ticker) I was due on Sunday, the doctors say Tuesday. Either way, I never even thought I'd make it to my due date and am extremely frustrated at this point. I stopped working last Friday, my mom arrived last Wednesday, and Craig took this week off, and...nothing. Nothing at all. In fact, I feel even less pregnant this week than I have in previous weeks, what on earth?! Apparently inductions are now only done if you are a week overdue but my kind doctor (who herself had an overdue baby) has agreed to bring me in tomorrow...thank goodness! I am ready to be done and get on with life already! I know I should just be thankful that I have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, but patience is not one of my virtues. I have phases of being terrified to give birth (remember Ava's birth story? EEEEEK.) and I really want this done while I'm still feeling somewhat brave, you know? ;o)
ANYHOW I'm also struggling a lot lately with the whole stay-at-home mom thing: I was tentatively starting school again in the fall to get an accounting degree and now that's on hold indefinitely while Craig finishes up his bachelor's so he can hopefully get into this awesome MBA program at UNC that he has his eye on. After being a career woman for the last ten years, it's somewhat difficult to sit back and be "the wife" for awhile, or at least to do it with grace. I want very badly to be supportive and to make home a wonderful place for my family, but it's easy for me to start feeling inadequate rather than proud of the sacrifice I'm making by staying at home. If I was up at all hours taking care of a new baby, I wouldn't have time for those thoughts for awhile.... ;o) I have shared all my feelings on this with Craig (so he knows what's going through my head, I don't do it in a complaining way) and he is very understanding and just doesn't see it the way I do, which is good.
So, it's not much but that's what's going on here...hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will be well on my way to having this baby!!! I'm also hoping to start a new blog when we get settled in, and just link this one to it. We shall see.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment