Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posting....

...but Bubbleshare has been on the fritz and tonight is the first time I've been able to make a picture slideshow. It's only the first part of December though....Christmas pics will be downloaded and follow eventually. Anyhow, things are chugging along in the Haynor house: I've been off of work for a week (it's going by way too fast!) and about ten times a day I go between wishing I was always home with Ava and then being grateful that I have my time with her balanced with a job...don't get me wrong, I love her to death but she is a HANDFUL. She seems to have inherited my personality. That's not a good thing, because that means she's going to have some especially terrible two's. (Starting, oh, about two months ago!) On the upside, other than having a bad temper I never got into any REAL trouble growing up, so we'll see.

Our first Christmas as parents was sweet, watching Ava tear into her presents with Daddy's help and then attempt to devour the wrapping paper. We didn't travel, which, as much as we would've liked to be with family, was good--there's no way Ava and her *ahem* exuberant personality would have survived a two hour flight to Chicago. We would have been THOSE parents with THAT child, and that would not have been fun.

Anyhow, we had dinner with MJ and her family which was fun, because last year when we did Christmas together, our babies were still in the oven, so to speak. :o) It was really cool to think about how much our lives have changed in the past year, definitely for the better.

As for Ava herself, she's growing and learning new things so quickly we can hardly keep up!! She's able to take about two or three steps at a time before she falls or, more often, just gently lowers herself to the ground. Her lunches and dinners are almost entirely finger foods. She seems to understand all kinds of things, all at once: she'll clap if you ask her to, throw a ball, and occasionally wave or point. The CUTEST thing she's ever done happened yesterday: Grandma Pat gave her a baby carriage and a dolly for Christmas, and we're currently keeping them in her bedroom because she doesn't seem to really understand that the carriage is for strolling the baby, and she tries to throw it across the room. Anyhow, yesterday she was playing on her bedroom floor with one of her pacifiers (she's always just used them as toys, never for comfort) and she crawled over the the carriage, pulled herself up, and tried to stick the pacifier in the dolly's mouth! It was so sweet--I never realized that, still a baby herself, she could have made a connection like that. You've never seen two parents as proud as we were, watching her. Of course, the moment was shattered when she dumped a bucket of toys on the dolly's head but it was adorable while it lasted...


BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY understand your quandry with working, and I have the SAME feelings. Some days, I think I could be home 24/7; other days, I'm so glad I'm not. I've come to the conclusion that we really have the best of both worlds since we have so many breaks and get home at a reasonable hour . . . minus the SST days. :) I guess if working is a must, we have it pretty good . . .

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

That's exactly how I think about it. :) We probably could have managed to live on a tight budget so that I could stay home, but we didn't want to add the stress of worrying about money to our lives, didn't want me to give up a great job that I'd probably never get back and is also Ava's ticket to going to a great school, etc. But after those nights when she doesn't sleep it would be nice to not have to get dressed, go to work, and be moderately pleasant! ;)

As for SST meetings...I will just bring Ava with me and hopefully she'll be really obnoxious and put an end to them quickly! I'm thinking of one in particular... :)