Monday, September 22, 2008

Payback

My mom likes to tell me stories about what a devious child I was when it came to getting into things. I used to love hearing those stories....however, observing Ava in recent days, it seems as though she's inherited that from me. We don't have a baby gate yet (I don't know if one will even fit on our stairs) so we just wedge these two giant, heavy throw pillows at the base of the steps to keep her off of them. Moments ago she plowed right over the pillows (I have no clue how, they're bigger than her!) and made it up about three stairs before I grabbed her. Ohhhh boy.

Oh yeah....last night the weirdest thing happened. I was chewing gum and I blew a bubble....I thought this would amuse Ava, but instead she started CRYING!!! Tried it again later....same reaction and she watched my mouth fearfully for the rest of the evening. Strange....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me laugh when you said Ava cried seeing you blow a bubble with your gum. I'm sure she was totally freaked - the way you would be if you saw some unknown alien thing emerge from HER mouth. You'd keep an eye on her all evening as well! Love your blog!

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

HA HA!! You make a very good point...I just have to remember not to chew gum around the poor kid I guess! :)