Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grandma is here!!!

My mom arrived on Friday, and for the past two days we've all had a great time hanging out!! Ava is slowly but steadily improving thanks to the antibiotics and ear drops, which is also great. Tonight, Craig and I went out on our first real date in what feels like about a million years, we went to Ruth's Chris steak house first and then went to Starbucks and walked around North Hills for awhile. It was very relaxing and a very good time! (Although, the restaurant was utterly ridiculous price-wise...very good food but I think next time we'll go somewhere a little more unique if we're spending the money...honestly, when we splurge on filet mignon at The Fresh Market and Craig cooks it on the grill it's just as good. But it was nice for a date, anyhow! The last pic on the slideshow is us before our date.) The night just ended for us about five minutes ago--with the Bears beating the Eagles 24-20....woohoo!!! Poor Craig, that's his team. Honestly, it could've gone either way...neither team was playing that hot but I'll take the victory!

So, I'm enjoying track-out very much and part of me is thinking, you know, this staying at home thing really isn't so bad after all! I could get used to this! *sigh* I know it's no longer possible what with the new house and all, and we really do need to make the move because we feel like it's the best for our family, and I have to work regardless so that I can keep the great job I have and Ava can get in that school, but still. Oh, I know that probably after a couple of months I'd go stir-crazy but for now, I'm having one of those grass-is-greener moments. I'll get over it. ;o)

Oh, BTW--you'll notice Ava's new car seat in some of the following pictures. Yes, I know she's technically not supposed to face forward until after she's a year old, but she's well over the weight limit (20 lbs) for rear-facing and even though I got a car seat that can go either way, if I face it to the rear her knees are practically touching her chin and the seat is so upright that she leans forward. It's terrible, and not really possible for us to put her like that (plus it obstructs my view out that side window completely, and half of my view out the back as well). So anyhow, don't yell at me. ;o)


BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

No comments: