They really need to have a sticker on Ava's baby calendar to commemorate the event--we were lucky enough to escape the dreaded ear infection for 8 1/2 months, but now we've got two of them. In addition to a red throat and rattly lungs (apparently it could turn into pneumonia if we didn't treat it. Obviously, we're treating it.)....I knew something was really wrong beyond the usual cold or allergy attack when Ava 1.) lost her appetite and 2.) absolutely flipped out when I layed her down for her morning nap. Screaming her head off, arching her back, flipping over, sitting up--refusing to go down even though she was obviously tired. Anyhow we did get to the doctor (God bless Jeffers, Mann and Artman! They're awesome at last minute appointments!) and get a diagnosis and drugs so hopefully she'll be on the road to recovery soon. I probably got about 5-6 hours of sleep last night, not all at once, so it's better than the previous night's three hours but I'm in bad shape with a sore throat and headache, which will turn into a cold if I continue to lose sleep.
Anyhow, we'll pull through, no doubt kicking and screaming, but it'll be okay! I felt so bad last night--I finally went in to check on Ava when she wouldn't go down and was really sobbing, and the minute I picked her up, she snuggled against me and fell asleep. I guess she just needed some extra cuddling. :o( I rocked her for twenty minutes and then put her down and there was a lot of coughing and sneezing (like, ALL NIGHT) but no crying, at least for awhile.
I can't wait for everyone in this house to be healthy again, all at the same time!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sorry -- I didn't see this before my last comment...that explains things! Hopefully she'll feel better soon. I hope you get some sleep too.
Poor baby! Sounds like you have great doctors.
Post a Comment