Thursday, September 11, 2008

I should be sleeping

But, I have been really lazy about posting lately so I'm going to do an update. Things around here are pretty crazy: I stayed home from work last Tuesday with that stomach bug, and my stomach went all wonky again on Friday so I missed another day of work. I'm kind of freaking out about that, but what can you do? Craig felt icky all weekend and is now taking antibiotics again....Ava's allergies (I'm assuming that's what her persistent "cold" is) are under control but she has a rash under one eye and in the past day or two has also had a raging diaper rash. Bad enough that she's screaming and practically shaking, and I'm crying whenever I have to change her diaper. There are new workers at day care during the afternoon and they are nothing like the original people, who were very on the ball with everything. Today, Ava's daily report sheet was incomplete (documents diaper changes, when she ate/how much she ate, nap times, etc.)....I rely on that report so I can keep up with her schedule. They also threw away one of her food containers and one of her bottle lids is missing. Her face wasn't clean when I picked her up, either--the other workers were pretty anal about keeping the kids clean, which was absolutely fine by me! I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow--maybe it was just a really crazy day or something--and then talk to the director if it doesn't seem better. Then there's one week until track-out so if worse comes to worse, I'll have three weeks to find something else. I'm seriously disappointed. Anyhow, parenting has really got me down lately....I just feel so helpless lately, and I constantly feel like I'm doing something wrong. We're on a new feeding schedule and I'm trying to introduce chunkier foods but I have no idea what I'm doing. I hate feeling so lost.

ANYHOW--the past weeks haven't been without their good points! Ava is babbling away like a maniac, constantly making shrieks, squeals, and growls that crack us up. She crawls all over the place, tries to climb the stairs, pulls herself into a standing position, and today she removed the cat bed from under the end table and tried to crawl under the end table but then changed her mind and tried to lay in the cat bed instead. I got a few pictures, but they're still on the camera. When she gets up in the morning on the weekend, we bring her back to bed with us after the 6am bottle and she will snuggle and sleep there with us for up to 3 hours! We never did get to take her to the petting zoo so I think we'll just wait until my mom is here (IN TWO WEEKS!!) and go during the fall festival. YAY! I love fall....even if the weather isn't very fall-like around here yet. Still hot. But, we've had a lot of dreary, rainy days this week and that always makes me happy. I know it sounds ridiculous--usually sunshine makes people happy--but I like a few days of steady rain. I find it very soothing and it reminds me of home.

Okay, there's the update....here are a few pictures from last weekend. And I need to go get some sleep! :)

BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts

1 comment:

JOD said...

Poor Ava! What is the Dr. saying about her diaper rash? Maybe they can give you something if the usual creams aren't working.

We've been so lucky -- only had rare instances of diaper rash, but I know it really hurts because they scream! Poor Ava -- and poor Mommy!!!! I hope she feels better soon.

I know some people who switched to cloth diapers because of persistent diaper rash. I use "Bumgenius" cloth diapers with Nicholas.

About the don't know what you're doing comment...NO ONE has all the answers. Every child is different.

I'm here to listen if you need to talk. :) Hope things get better soon.