I didn't even realize my last post was a month ago...time has been flying by! Craig has been working a LOT and in addition to flying solo most of the time, my job has been extremely busy and extremely stressful for a variety of reasons. Ava is sick again (what appears to be a cold) and as a result we haven't been sleeping well, and I've broken all of my own rules and let her sleep in my bed this week. To be fair to myself, I do start her off in her own bed but after a few hours she wakes up from coughing or night terrors, and it's just easier to put her in bed with me: she's within easy reach so I can prop her head back up on the pillow or give her a drink, and we both lose less sleep. I've been telling her constantly that she's only allowed in the bed when Daddy isn't home, so hopefully it won't be a problem when he's home this weekend!
In pregnancy news, I'm torn between wanting to be done already and terrified because we've done nothing thus far to plan for the baby, who, by the way, still doesn't have a name...Craig is insisting on naming him, but won't actually pick anything out....he just knows he definitely wants to go with the family tradition of giving him the initials "C.J." He also wants to call him that--CJ. I'm not thrilled but really, I'm not thrilled with any boys' names so it's just as good as the next one I guess. ;o) So our kid has a nickname but no name, he has a nursery full of pink blankets and Christmas decorations...that about covers it. Guess we'd better get moving, only 14 1/2 weeks left! On the other hand, it feels like a lifetime: CJ is sitting on my sciatic nerve, which is annoying and painful. Sometimes I'm fine, other times I'm limping around, dragging my right leg because it's too painful to take normal steps. I can't even go to a chiropractor because Craig is never around to watch Ava. So this weekend, I'm going to get a facial and a pregnancy massage (what, you didn't know facials were good for the sciatic nerve? ;o)...that should help the physical pain and hopefully dissipate some of the stress and tension that's been building the past few weeks. Oh, and I'm glad I hoarded some of my Zofran pills...I'm still hit with occasional bouts of nausea. Nothing like the morning sickness of the first trimester but it still isn't fun. There IS good news though--by the grace of God, I've been spared thus far (knock on wood) from any real illnesses, and they are running rampant at school right now. It really grosses me out...I wash and sanitize my hands frequently while I'm working. I've also been spared--again, knock on wood because I have 14+ weeks left--from stretch marks. If I can pull that one off, I will be a happy camper for sure!
That's about it for now, mostly because I'm too tired to continue typing. I'm going to have some nighttime tea, read for a bit, and go to bed. Ava will probably be up from coughing and/or night terrors in a few hours, I need all the sleep I can get.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment