Thursday, July 3, 2008
runnin' down a dream
Last night Mike and I went to the Tom Petty concert...as always, it was utterly, ridiculously, AWESOME. He is just an amazing musician live! No new album this year, just a random summer tour, so he played the hits and some other odds and ends--good stuff. We had a great time, except for the CRAPWEASEL DRUNKEN FRAT-BOY types behind us that yelled and cussed when the band played a couple more obscure (but still very good) songs. I wanted to throw them over the balcony because honestly, why does anyone go to a concert if they don't really like the band?!!? Morons. We did have an awesome guy in front of us though, who was rocking out and dancing like only an old white dude can. It was hilarious...but I respect that he was having a great time, even if he was expressing it with some rather amusing dancing. :o) Anyhow, I'd love to see him again in Raleigh next week but if it doesn't happen it won't kill me, I had a great time enjoying the music last night and hanging out with my brother as well. I have no pictures from anything yet, so enjoy this video instead :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Did he play "American Girl"? One of my favorites!
Yep! He actually ended the entire concert with that song...my brother and I had a bet going, I said he'd start the encore with it, my brother said he'd end with it. I lost. :) Excellent song.
Post a Comment